Thursday 6 August 2015

GSK Girls hockey team, Orange United.

Hi, long time no see! I apologise, I've been on holiday and Wi-Fi connection has been sporadic and is continuing to be so.

My mum works for GSK and on a Saturday we were invited to attend one of the companies hockey matches. From that first sentence you would expect it to be a small, amateur, friendly girls hockey team, and that's where you would be completely wrong! The team is in actual fact a official professional team called Orange United. And some of the team members play for Japan in the Olympics, cool right?

So we set off Saturday morning from the site with a coach load of supporters as well as another coach on the way from Tokyo. it was about a 3 hour drive away in a neighbouring prefecture; Satima. As soon as we got on the bus we were handed piles of merchandising to support the team. We had cool bags, towels, fans, horns, toothpaste and water which all came in very useful during the day. Everyone was wearing orange of course and everyone except me hadn't taken that into account. They stood out like a sore thumb in a sea of Orange.

We stopped for lunch at an outlet centre, which I am sure was a bad idea. We were given 2 hours so they obliviously wanted us to shop. I did quite well I guess, I didn't go overboard but I got a fossil I Pad case for £4 (yes!) and a gym top from Nike and a sponge that looks like a doughnut for the apartment.

Then off to the game, when we arrived it was excruciatingly hot, you have no idea. We thought it was just because we were English, but other people were hot too. We later found out that it was the hottest day of the year so far at 44 degrees Celsius, 44! With no shade watching hockey seemed almost impossible, but by the time we sat down on the bleachers and started watching the game, we forget about it.

I really enjoyed the game; it probably helped that we won 5-1, but it wasn't just that. The atmosphere our side was making was outstanding; we all had hooters, we had a man with a giant drum and many song and chants to try and get the gist of. It was incomparable to our opponents that just sweltered on the opposite bleachers,
few in number and rather glum, I felt sorry for them.

Overall a enjoyable day which ended in being exhausted in the evening. A good night sleep was definitely had that night.

Maria xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

All content copyright © 2014 - 2020 Maria unless otherwise noted.. Powered by Blogger.

Hey

Im trying out a new design, if you hadn't noticed. I am aware with this means that things can go wrong and be faulty.

If you have any issues let me know in the contact me page.

Also if you wish to read previous blogs for the dawn ages then use the blog archive on the other side.

app icon

app icon