Thursday 26 January 2017

Hibiscus Cocktails



Evening all,

Well, I'm writing this in the morning but it's only socially acceptable to drink in the evening after 12 pm at a push if you've had a hard day or your celebrating.

Anyways who cares. As many of you, many of you may know I quite like drinking but I also like experimenting with cocktails. That sentence took longer than it should have, writing what I had in my head without sounding like an alcoholic rather difficult apparently.

Getting distracted! The point is recently I was experimenting is a hibiscus cordial I had acquired from the Great East India Tea Company, and they were amazing if I don't say so myself so I thought I should share. They are good either for everyday or special occasion.

left- Hibiscus Cooler               Right - Hibiscus G&T

So let's get into it...
(warning none of these measurements are precise or technical)

Hibiscus Gin & Tonic

Kinda self-explanatory, a G&T with a twist.

1) Pick your favorite Gin, mine being Tanqueray, and depending how strong/weak you want it, add 1/2 shots 

2) Pick your favorite Tonic, I strongly recommend the fever tree brand especially for this recipe the one with a hint of elderflower. Then add to make the G&T strength you like.

3) Then the new bit, add in the Hibiscus cordial. This is also to taste and how you prefer it. I probably added 1/2 tablespoons. 

4) Add some ice, and enjoy.

Hibiscus Cooler 

A tall and longer drink. Which usually means; easier to drink. In the picture, I did not serve on ice but I would recommend crushed ice as an extra touch. 

1) Add 1/2 shots of your preferred spirit, either in a shaker or chosen tall glass alone with ice. I used Gin again but I have tried since and used vodka, so they are interchangeable. 

2) Then add the mixers into the shaker/glass, which are tropical fruit juice (preferably with passion fruit included) and lemonade of equal amounts. These are the main liquids so add appropriately to fill the glass/glasses.

3) Add the cordial, depending on how big your glass is 1/2 tablespoons and maybe a bit more. Now shake/ stir.

4) Now serve into the glass and add a straw. At this point, I also added a dash of Grenadine slowly down the straw to get the separation effect. And Enjoy!

Now your all set to make an hibiscus flavored drink. Have a go and enjoy, post your experiments on Instagram and tag me @solvingmaria or use the #solvingmariafood

I look forward to enjoying them with you,

Maria x

No comments:

Post a Comment

All content copyright © 2014 - 2020 Maria unless otherwise noted.. Powered by Blogger.

Hey

Im trying out a new design, if you hadn't noticed. I am aware with this means that things can go wrong and be faulty.

If you have any issues let me know in the contact me page.

Also if you wish to read previous blogs for the dawn ages then use the blog archive on the other side.

app icon

app icon