Monday 14 September 2015

First week of school

Good Morning,

So after a lot of kerfuffle and sorting out I finally enrolled at the British School in Tokyo. 

I started on the 31st August, I know early right. I was called in for the afternoon to sort paperwork and talk to our teachers, I have to admit it was kind of scary, but it didn't last long and it made it easier for the actual first day after.

When I arrived everyone was given their timetables for the year, but because my registration papers weren't in order, I didn't have a timetable. So the first thing I had to do was create a make shift timetable on a scrap piece of paper. Physics, Chemistry and... Maths. I hadn't planned on maths but they convinced me that it would help with the other subjects. Once I had completed the form and spoken to all the relevant people it was time to go.

I thought it was quite funny actually I had not officially been offered a place but they expected me to start attending on the first day of school. In fact it wasn't until the next week I was legitimate, while on a school trip. (I'll explain later)

From the first few days I feel I learnt a lot about the school. It is so different to my school in the UK. for starters it's tiny! The whole of secondary school, that's Y7-Y13, is around 800 people and Y13 can't be more than 20! To come from a school where there were between 1-2000, its insane. Then there are the people; I thought I had traveled a lot, and I probably had in comparison to anyone at Oxted but here I feel so untraveled. I know that was naive to think that seeing as its a international British school, but oh well.

All the students seem nice, but I feel I need to give it some more time before I can form a proper opinion or make friends. however they have told me I should hold back on my opinion on the school as well. So I'm sure there will be an update school blog in a few months. 

The most stressful thing so far is getting up and ready in the morning. The school day starts in Tokyo at 8.30am which means because I live in Utsunomiya I have to get up at 5.30! Meaning my morning routine has changed significantly. Cue girly talk; I now have to shower in the evening which isn't to bad as I quite like that, I also have to pack my bag and decide what to wear (that's another story) before I go to sleep. When I wake up I throw on whatever I chose, use the facilities, grab my breakfast for the train  and if I have time swig a mug of tea. And off to the train I go. 

At this school we have a sort of uniform, you cant just wear what you like, as I was used to. Its not exactly a uniform more if a dress code which is; Tokyo business. This normally consists of a shirt and a skirt. Yeah, there is a real difference between Tokyo Business and International Business. 

Maria xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

All content copyright © 2014 - 2020 Maria unless otherwise noted.. Powered by Blogger.

Hey

Im trying out a new design, if you hadn't noticed. I am aware with this means that things can go wrong and be faulty.

If you have any issues let me know in the contact me page.

Also if you wish to read previous blogs for the dawn ages then use the blog archive on the other side.

app icon

app icon